So, the core idea for the website is complete. It’s time to start a blog and track our progress!
Let’s recap what’s here and ready to use…
- Yoga Videos – The website has been brewing for years and the videos are leftovers from previous half hearted attempts; they’re old and some not of highest quality.
- Video Previews – Hover over a video to get a preview – pretty cool! Although it’s a little disjointed, maybe add more frames around each capture to smooth it out better?
- User Accounts – Login using your Google account to track workout progress. We don’t care about your personal detail – only your unique ID so we can do the following…
- Progress Tracking – Track how many times you’ve completed a workout, where you got to last time, avoid workouts you’ve bailed out on.
- Favourites – Add a video to your favourites to quickly find it again for future sessions.
And where we're going next!
- Workout Search – All the video metadata is ready, you just need to be able to filter through it!
- Video Player Progress Bar – Easily see how much of a workout is left and know how hard to push yourself
- History – View a log of your previous workouts, how active you’ve been compared to the last month and set challenges for yourself!
- Jump to Start of Workout – Skip the waffle and get straight into the flow!
- Find Workouts by Pose – wouldn’t that be awesome? Want to build up your quads? Do these videos and hammer that table pose!
- Series – There’s some great ’30 Day Challenges’ out there, wouldn’t it be awesome to tick off each day and get a reminder?
And the design. It needs work. Here’s some screenshots for prosperity…